ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Revenge???
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulo2006

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Revenge??? Reply with quote

de

- P=MC2

Last edited by paulo2006 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Scooby *Scott* Doo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this an incident amongst an English teacher and his former employer? (Profanity removed by moderator) it is risky to teach in Mexico I am crossing it off my list!
paulo2006

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

de

- P=MC2

Last edited by paulo2006 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ordinarily quite sympathetic to the Mexicans crossing illegally into the US for work. After all, they've long been tacitly invited over to pick up the menial, low paid work that your average american doesn't want. Just ask any agricultural state congressman or senator what they think. Utter silence.

But, Mexico has long told the US that illegal crossings are a US problem, since Mexico as a free nation will not obstruct their own citizens from leaving Mexico. If the US wants to build a wall to solve what they see as a problem, then Mexico shouldn't be saying anything.

What's needed is a migration accord, but bringing these people into the light of the law will force state governments to protect them, raise their wages, and offer benefits...no more slave labour and cheap food.
paulo2006

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

de

- P=MC2

Last edited by paulo2006 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
PittsburghPete

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Lifestyle Diversity in the Cowboy Kingdom Reply with quote

paulo2006 wrote:
except of course for the 'Brokeback Mountain' type

Whew,

Them dang old kind of yahoos make me nervous ya'll. Keeps my soap on a rope while I'm a ropin' them ole' doggies. Shocked

I do enjoy them sunsets though. Share it with a friend that ain't your horse.

Pete

"You might be a redneck if you spent more money on your pickup truck than on your education." --Joe Foxworthy.
paulo2006

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

de

- P=MC2

Last edited by paulo2006 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
.i.e. killing of border patrol agents.

Rumor. Let's use Occam's Razor. It's much easier just to bribe them.
Scooby *Scott* Doo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: So who was it? Reply with quote

OK thanks but can you let me know who you are talking about? Was this in reference to drug smugglers, or English Teachers, that's what I wanted to know. That will have all the bearing on whether I job hunt in Cuba or not
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just in Cuba a bit more than week ago. They could teach you and I a thing or two about English, nevermind the other way around.

I was making a referemce to illegals being smuggled across the US border from Mexico by both 'human trafficekrs', called 'coyotes' here and by border patrol agents paid by head count.

Reality is always more about money and less about the fiction that passes for news these days. Mind you, Paulie's a sarcastic type, so I think he thinks I think that he thinks the same.
paulo2006

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

de

- P=MC2

Last edited by paulo2006 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Scooby *Scott* Doo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I was obviously referring to Mexico, my fingers got ahead of my brain as I was thinking about basebally so "Cuba" slipped in.

So, please clarify Paulo, did this pretain to English teachers or not...??? I was thinking about applying to mexico as Guy's been doing a great job promoting the place, I don't really care if people immigrate or not from there, is it safe to live and teach English!
paulo2006

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safe Question

Why...it's so safe here that people don't even lock their doors at night (if they have doors!) Laughing

Seriously tho...it's so uneventful here that they don't even need a newspaper!

Sometimes I feel like running down the street yelling 'Wake up!' - in the middle of the day!

If it were any safer - they wouldn't even need the two cops that they have here.

Apply...yes Exclamation And don't be surprised if it's unlike anyplace that you've ever imagined...better to be safe than sorry...

- P=MC2
gharwell1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Mexico Safe? Reply with quote

Mexico safe...that's a matter of Opinion. I hve been held up by cops several times while driving through on my way to Central America. Then there is the recent incident with the Mexican Military assisting Drug Smugglers cross over into Texas. They were across the river into the US helping the Smugglers with 50 Cal. Machine guns monted on their Hummers.

Being a Gringo... You're going to get hit by the cops sooner or later. Just keep some Bribe money hidden away for those "Kodak" moments. In all fairness, it DID happen all the way to Panama.

Who's going to protect you from the Protectors?

Wow! I love Latin America. Everybody is for sale up to and including the President.
Bribing everybody in the food chain is a way of life.
Guy Courchesne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bribery and corruption are indeed a problem in Latin America. When people ask, I usually say one shouldn't drive down from the US.

Quote:
Mexican Military assisting Drug Smugglers cross over into Texas

This is quite the story causing a diplomatic flap. It is being reported in Mexico that drug cartel people on both sides of the border pulled this off, with stolen Mexican military uniforms and equipment, as well as US border patrol vehicles. Certainly a major escalation.

I have to wonder why. On a normal day, everyone along the border is on the take and happily doing business. Drugs and people get 'taxed' coming across the border, and everyone gets their cut. So, why a dramatic scene caught on video?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> Say Anything... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: