ESL Jobs - ESL, EFL, TEFL, TESOL Teaching Jobs
  • FREE Weekly ESL Jobs
  • ESL, EFL, TESL, TEFL -- Get weekly updates of the Hottest New Jobs direct to your inbox as well as easily apply to new openings!
  • Enter your Email:

ESL Jobs Forum
"Where New and Seasoned ESL Professionals Come Together To Network . . . Share. Listen. Learn."

FAQIndex    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups      RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In the UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Certification Issues...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: In the UK Reply with quote

Can anybody give me some information about the possibilty of finding work in ESL teaching within the UK??, does anyone have any suggestions where a good place is to start??

Last edited by Clay on Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:44 am; edited 2 times in total
btownsend

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: No degree Reply with quote

A lot depends on what background you have. For young people wishing to enter the teaching profession a degree is virtually obligatory and so many paths into university education exist now that it is difficult to justify not having a degree.

However, some mature people with valuable experience in other fields can have their experience and knowledge assessed and, if they also do well on their TEFL course, may be seen as having a useful conribution to make.

You don't say anything about your background so I can't comment. If you wish to use your TEFL certificate as a means of paying your way around the world, then I'm sure that not having a degree won't hinder you. If you wish to make a real career in the UK, however, you will have to think about the long-term outlook and consider what qualifications you need to accumulate.
Annie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also interested in teaching esl in the U.K. as I am planning to move there. I have a university degree (English Lit), a TESL certificate, and have been teaching adults for the past two years ( although not in ESL). I also have dual passport status ( British and Canadian) Are there many opportunities for someone of my background in London in this field?
unionjack
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: ESL Schools in London Reply with quote

Hello Annie

Try the following recruiting agency; it is FREE.

Click on "Overseas Qualified Teachers" and then "Canadian Teachers". They are interviewing, in Canada, from 26th September to 4th October and also on various dates throughout 2007

www.Timeplan.com

Also download our (E-book) ELS School Finder's guide to your desktop, for contact addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of ESL schools in London, including lots more in the surrounding areas.

https://www.mcssl.com/app/javanofpp.asp?merchantID=102061&IP=777.97.910.733&qty=&productID=3462944&afid=&vgclientid=

UJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ESL Jobs Forum Forum Index -> ESL Certification Issues... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: